General Switchboard (781) 646-7700 Sales Toll-free, USA & Canada 1-800-753-WORD Supplies/Orders & Questions 1-800-753-9673 Support Toll-free, US & Canada 1-800-444-7224 Credit Card Authorization questions Ext. 225 WordStock W.I.R.E., toll-free, US & Canada 1-800-401-2234 Administration Norm Gosselin, Jr., President Ext. 225 John McDowell, VP/Support Ext. 266 LisaG / Accounting Ext. 219 Email Addresses »send to email@example.com Area/Person to contact mailbox Sales sales Support support South Africa graeme Returns/RMA rmaship
Driving Directions to WordStock
From Logan Airport, Boston (9.8 miles):
1. Head north on Terminal B toward Terminal Access Rd.
2. Slight right at Terminal Access Rd.
3. Slight left to stay on Terminal Access Rd.
4. Slight right.
5. Take the ramp to MA-1A S.
6. Keep right at the fork, follow signs for I-93/MA-1A and merge onto MA-1A S.
7. Take the US-1/MA-1A/MA-3 Exit toward I-93.
8. Keep right at the fork, follow signs for I-93 and merge onto I-93 N.
9. Take Exit 31 to merge onto MA-16/Mystic Valley Pkwy toward Arlington.
10. At the traffic circle, take the 2nd Exit onto Alewife Brook Pkwy/MA-16.
11. Turn right at Broadway; WordStock is at #37, a red brick building with parking in the rear.
From the West / Mass. Pike:
1. From I-90 E, take Exit 14 for I-95/MA-128.
2. Keep left at the fork to continue toward I-95 N/MA-128 N.
3. Keep left at the fork, follow signs for I-95 and merge onto I-95 N/MA-128 N.
4. Take Exit 29A to merge onto Concord Turnpike/MA-2 E toward Arlington/Cambridge.
5. Take the MA-16/US-3/MA-2 Exit on the left toward Watertown/Boston.
6. Turn left at Alewife Brook Pkwy/MA-16/US-3.
7. Continue to follow Alewife Brook Pkwy/MA-16.
8. Turn left at Broadway; WordStock is at #37, a red brick building with parking in the rear.
WordStock Holiday Staffing
WordStock's business offices (Sales, Accounting, Operations, and Programming) are closed for all of the holidays listed; Support Department staffing is shown in the chart below.
Full Support Staff means a full roster of Support personnel;
Skeleton Staff means 1/2 the usual number of Support people are available;
On-call means no Support personnel are in our offices; instead, one Support staff person is assigned to carry a beeper and to respond to problems, via telephone, on a callback basis.
|New Year’s Day||On-call only|
|Martin Luther King Day||Full Support Staff|
|Presidents’ Day||Full Support Staff|
|Patriots’ Day||Full Support Staff|
|Memorial Day||Skeleton Staff|
|July 4th||Skeleton Staff|
|Labor Day||Skeleton Staff|
|Columbus Day||Full Support Staff|
|Veterans Day||Full Support Staff|
|Christmas Day||On-call only|
A Brief History
WordStock was founded in Harvard Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts, in 1984, in the legendary WordsWorth bookstore.
Shortly thereafter, WordStock became an independent entity and began introducing many innovations to computerized bookselling, including:
• Running on a standard PC, rather than a minicomputer;
• Harnessing the power of the Unix family of operating systems;
• The first viable electronic ordering program;
• The first real-time key word search;
• The first program for creating and distributing electronic bibliographic records;
• The first nationwide bookstore sales reporting based on actual figures;
• The first integrated credit card processing and electronic funds transfer.
• The first real-time check of vendor stock.
Since 1984, WordStock has been installed in bookstores and museum shops across North America, as well as dozens of stores in Europe and Africa.
Today, we continue to offer our customers creative solutions and unmatched support.